How to get visa:
1. Sending request to get a reference number from Iran foreign ministry
Iran Exploration can arrange to acquire a visa reference number which is necessary in getting a tourist visa for anyone willing to book a tour with us. In order to get the visa, we need 14 working days to get the invitation reference number from Iran foreign ministry. In order to apply and get a visa you must submit your passport details to Iran Exploration. Once we receive your information, we apply online to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) to get your visa approval number. Your visa will then be processed and if approved an authorization number will be faxed to the Iranian embassy you nominated to have it picked up at. Then we will email you the Visa Reference Number and you can pick up your visa. The number we give you is just an “authorization code”. The authorization number means that your visa has been approved by the MFA but it is not the visa itself. After you receive your authorization number you can apply in person or by mail at the nominated embassy or consulate. The actual processing time depends on the embassy and can be from 1-5 days. A tourist visa is issued for a maximum stay of 30 days. The visa remains valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issue, so don’t pick it up too early before you plan to travel to Iran.
Documents you need to issue your visa in embassies:
- The original Passport (must have more than 6 months of validity left)
- A copy of your passport photo page
- Application form (sometimes available online)
- Passport size photos (not smaller than 1”x1.5” or 2.5cm x 3.8cm) – 2 to 4 pices
- Proof of medical travel insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage)
- MFA Authorization Number ( we will sent to you)
- Visa fee (depending on your nationality)
The needed documents for requesting reference number from Iran foreign ministry:
- Completed visa application form (we’ll send it to you)
- The copy of your passport (Scan format should be JPEG)
- Scan of your former visa if you have traveled to Iran before.
2. Airport visa ( Tourist visa on arrival)
Iran visa on arrival (VOA) or Iran airport visa, refers to that kind of Iran visa received by nationals of all countries (except those listed below) traveling to Iran for tourist purpose. Iran visa on arrival has 30 days validity and issued at the six airports in Iran.
Iran Visa on Arrival Needed Documents:
- A confirmed return ticket
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity
- A photo to be attached to the Iran visa application form
- Visa stamp fee, which is payable to the Iran Visa & Passport Office at the airport(depends on the applicant’s nationality)
- An invitation letter(will send to you by Iran Exploration)
Note: Iran visa on arrival is issued for tourist purposes only (ordinary passport). Diplomatic passport, official passports, etc. cannot apply for this type of Iran visa.
Iran visa on Arrival is not issued for:
USA , UK, Canada, Colombia, Somalia, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India nationalities.